Tuesday, May 4, 2010
A few things from the past that I really, really wish would come back into fashion:
1. Punch cups and crystal cake plates for parties. And place cards.
2. White gloves.
3. Hats with loads of fluffy tulle veiling.
4. "Hello dear, how was your day?" Accompanied with a peck on the cheek and the table set for dinner.
5. "Allow me, ma'am, to open that door for you."
6. Children told to go outside and play, and the children actually doing what they are told.
7. Fedoras--and suits that smell faintly of Old Spice, Camels, and hair oil.
8. Fathers raking leaves on the weekends, and washing their cars in the driveway.
9. Pot roasts, casseroles, dishes washed, and beds made every day--even on the weekends.
10. Dinner hour, getting dressed up to go to the grocery store, clothes hanging on the line.
(Image: "Reception Line #2, Acrylic on Canvas, Cory Jaeger-Kenat, 2010.)